[kj] OT: Metal Box In Dub

Paul Richards green.sun1980 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:52:54 EDT 2012

Just got this - being in Shoreditch & with Trevor Jackson, I expect it will
be full of painfully trendy people in skinny jeans with asymmetric hair but
I think I might have to go:

[image: Village
Underground]<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&view=bsp&ver=ohhl4rw8mbn4#1377ac681b22da05_>
*Village Underground Presents*
Jah Wobble and Keith Levene: Metal Box in DubFor the first time in nearly
30 years, influential bassist Jah Wobble and the guitarist Keith Levene
will re-unite in London for a special event. The former members of Public
Image Limited have decided to come together for unique gigs at select
venues.

Village Underground in Shoreditch has been chosen as the first London venue
to be rocked by their dub interpretation of the genre defining post-punk
album, Metal Box.<http://mamalive.co.uk/go.asp?/bMAM001/mFGOH39/qOPOZ39/uCM0O4/xUEAT49/cutf%2D8>

"*Mr Levene and I have unfinished business," *Wobble claims*"At the Village
Undergound we will begin the process of emptying the in-tray. We will
revisit, refurbish and deconstruct METAL BOX.*"

Former Playgroup founder Trevor Jackson will be supporting Metal Box with a
specially devised Metal Dance DJ set, inspired by his recent album for
Strut which features a track by Jah Wobble. Listen to him
interviewing<http://mamalive.co.uk/go.asp?/bMAM001/mFGOH39/q6GFH39/uCM0O4/xUEAT49/cutf%2D8>
Wobble
(27 minutes in).
*This Friday, 25 May 9pm*
*Tickets: £15 *

Special Offer
We'd like to offer you a third off simply visit the
Ticket<http://mamalive.co.uk/go.asp?/bMAM001/mFGOH39/qFPXQ39/uCM0O4/xUEAT49/cutf%2D8>
page
and use the promo code*"vupresents"*