[kj] Geordies guitar?

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Mon May 14 17:15:19 EDT 2012

Carlos Fandango wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIBSON-ES295-EX-GEORDIE-WALKER-KILLING-JOKE-YES-REALLY-1953-/390419342209?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitar
s_CV&hash=item5ae6ce6381

+++++++++++++++++++

Love the obligatory "RIP - PVR" in the description as if a shout out to Raven gives the auction more legitimacy.

My gut feeling is either the guitar never belonged to Geordie and is being paired with a "Killing Joke" road case to pad the
believability factor or it is indeed *one* of Geordie's ES295's but this one has deteriorated to such a state it's no longer
playable to a reliable degree and he's just unloading it. Or it could be stolen.

I remember finding Brian James old Vox amp (verified through the amp's serial number) that he used to record the first Lords Of The
New Church album in '82 at a local Guitar Center around 2004 in their used section. Brian told me through his manager (at the time)
that it had been stolen in LA around '83 but he couldn't afford to go through the US/UK legal hoops to reclaim it and have it
shipped back to the UK so someone wound up buying it.

T.B.