[kj] MMXII first listen:

Ketracel White ketracelwhite at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 02:27:41 EDT 2012

Yes, definitely could've made more out of that chorus than just breathing over it...sounds amazing though. Like that Jaz allows the band to breathe - definitely see your point though Rob.

-----
Sent from mBox Mail
Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

________________________

On 2012-03-27 06:11:45 +0000 Rob Moss <rob.moss at gmx.com> wrote:

> Wasted chorus though.

> He could have made more of it.

> I'm loving this album so far.

> On 27 Mar 2012, at 05:49, Ketracel White <ketracelwhite at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Don't know that I've ever heard the Joke do a heavy shuffle - "Colony

>> Collapse" kicks Ass!!!

>> -----

>> Sent from mBox Mail

>> Hotmail for iPhone and iPod Touch

>> http://www.fluentfactory.com/mboxmail

>> ________________________

>> On 2012-03-27 04:31:44 +0000 nomeanswhat <nomeanswhat at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Having now finished my first spin of MMXII I can say, I do miss Geordie's

>>> guitar... sometimes it is way down in the mix, sometimes it doesn't sound

>>> like him at all... the times I can actually him playing and the guitar

>>> sound is somewhat close to what I expect from him, he does a decent job...

>>> still, the album was a bit lackluster in that department to me.

>>> My favorite tracks off of it so far are In Cythera and Primobile. I do

>>> like

>>> Colony Collapse a lot also and Trance would be excellent if not for the

>>> excess of keyboards, which is something I feel can be said about most of

>>> the songs in MMXII.

>>> There are no tracks I dislike here but, apart from In Cythera, there are

>>> no

>>> tracks I have immediately fell in love with, no track on MMXII did to me

>>> what The Great Cull or Here Comes the Singularity did, or Seeing Red and

>>> Total Invasion for that matter, which was to bestow upon me that WOW, THIS

>>> IS FUCKING MEMORABLE kind of moment.

>>> So far this is a 7/10 for me... it may change though, for fuck's sake this

>>> was just my first spin. Give it more guitar and less keyboard it might

>>> have

>>> gotten a 9/10 out of me.

>>> CPJr