[kj] MMXII after a few listens

Rob Moss rob.moss at gmx.com
Wed Mar 28 07:34:12 EDT 2012

Still think it's bloody good.

Pole Shift is 2 minutes too long and Trance gets a bit lost, but I really do like the variation in this album.
I can see what some are saying about Geordie's guitar being a bit lost, but actually you can say that about alot of the releases. His truly identifiable sound disappears after Night Time for me, brief appearance on Extremities, but since then I think it has become a "part" of the sound. And I think that shows that he must be comfortable in his own skin to relaise that it's not all about the guitar.

There is immense power in this album and that has always moved me about KJ. Those low synth growls and almost swamped reverb vocals give it an overall feeling of onslaught!

Not many bands at this stage in their career can come anyway close to this.