[kj] MMXII first listen

Marcel spooman at freenet.de
Tue Mar 27 18:09:17 EDT 2012

Thanks for the links and the nice way of pointing out that there might
be one. "Anyone feeling ambitious can check Bunalti, Torrentzap,
Bitsnoop etc. and let us know what they find." hehehe.
Not to worry, although I haven't preordered it yet, I'll buy the
Single(s), Vinyl and CD - and shall do so quite happily. I like the
gloomy EDVREish atmosphere of "Pole Shift", "Fema Camp" and "Corporate
Elect". "Trance" is the only one, that hasn't had any effect on me so
far and "Colony Collapse" and Glitch would be other favs.
I'm very fond of the different atmos The Joke create on every single
album - I think they really _rock_ in a dark way on MMXII - but I'll
have to admit that I'm a bit dissapointed by a certain sloppiness
songwriting-wise. That one part of "Glitch" is very similar to
"Majestic" AND "Intravenous", isn't it? And "Corporate Elect" isn't
really something entirely different from "MINOG". I like them
nevertheless...
Isn't it funny, how of all bands the Joke seem to have no difficulty in
writing erm touching songs on a regular basis, that once would have been
filed under the gruesome term "ballad"? :-)

Marcel