[kj] MMXII first listen:

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:33:36 EDT 2012

Thanks to Dub and everyone else involved in helping me get to listen
to the album a week early. I'll be buying the CD next week.

Best album in ages. Jaz singing, great keyboards, no more chug-a-chug.
They're getting close to the chemistry that produced three 10/10
albums first time 'round. 'Glitch', 'Trance', 'Primobile' all superb.
Plus 'In Cythera' and 'Rapture' of course. Not a bad song on there for
me. Only minor criticism would be the continuing use of
ascending/descending semitone riffs rather than proper chord
progressions that started with 'Extremities' and continued through
'Drug' to 'Inferno', 'Majestic' and now 'Glitch'. Maybe I'm nitpicking
and that's just part of their musical vocabulary now, fine if not
overused.