[kj] MMXII first listen:

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:35:38 EDT 2012

Nice blog post Alex and to a degree I'm with you - my girlfriend always
asks why I don't just
download a new LP from itunes instead of adding yet another ugly plastic CD
case (or even
more space-consuming vinyl LP) to the
groaning shelves - and my answer is always the same, I want the physical
product with
the artwork etc etc. Why? I don't really know, my only answer being that
I'm old and this
is what I've always known. Talking to my 17-year-old nephew, who finds it
hilarious that
I still buy vinyl, is always an interesting experience - he loves music (he
is quite an
accomplished guitarist and is in a band) but the actual physical music
products he owns
can fit into a shoebox.
But as for waiting for the official release date and excitedly running home
with a CD/LP
as I once used to do, I guess those days really are over, at least as far
as KJ and a handful
of other bands are concerned. It feels like months since I placed my order
for MMXII and
I've been itching to hear it. Getting to hear the early snippets I equate
with the days when I used
to hole up in my bedroom listening to the John Peel show hoping that he'd
play a new song
from one of my favourite bands a few weeks before the single/album was
actually released -
if I could have gone to Amazon back then to hear a 30-second clip, I would
have.

And I also experienced the same emotions upon seeing the Adorations sleeve
for the first time...