[kj] MMXII first listen:

nomeanswhat nomeanswhat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:10:07 EDT 2012

Having now finished my first spin of MMXII I can say, I do miss Geordie's
guitar... sometimes it is way down in the mix, sometimes it doesn't sound
like him at all... the times I can actually him playing and the guitar
sound is somewhat close to what I expect from him, he does a decent job...
still, the album was a bit lackluster in that department to me.
My favorite tracks off of it so far are In Cythera and Primobile. I do like
Colony Collapse a lot also and Trance would be excellent if not for the
excess of keyboards, which is something I feel can be said about most of
the songs in MMXII.

There are no tracks I dislike here but, apart from In Cythera, there are no
tracks I have immediately fell in love with, no track on MMXII did to me
what The Great Cull or Here Comes the Singularity did, or Seeing Red and
Total Invasion for that matter, which was to bestow upon me that WOW, THIS
IS FUCKING MEMORABLE kind of moment.

So far this is a 7/10 for me... it may change though, for fuck's sake this
was just my first spin. Give it more guitar and less keyboard it might have
gotten a 9/10 out of me.

CPJr