[kj] New Van Halen Album

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Mar 23 18:37:09 EDT 2012

If I was Roger Waters' parents or teachers I'd have kicked the little
bastard hard enough to encourage a double-album as well, just listen to the
last whiney 25 seconds of Vera (prepare to control gag reflex):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA2IaG-15BQ

I haven't been able to play it right through since precisely 1996 because of
those awful Waters interlude songs. Shame because anything on the album with
Gilmour in the writing credits is epic.

Final stroke of genius was to cast Geldof-sans-eyebrows looking
concentration camp fit. At least they didn't get him to speak.