[kj] New Van Halen Album

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 23 14:56:53 EDT 2012

Oh, I'll always stand by...er....THE WALL. It had such a massive impact on me as, well, a child (I was in grammar school --fittingly -- when it came out), and I completely immersed myself in it. It probably set the template for my later fandom of bands like Devo, Killing Joke and beyond. And as bloated a wedding cake as it inarguably is, it's still a great record (in my opinion). Is it pompous and ego-driven? Absolutely, but certainly no more so than, say,..... Outside the Gate.

Alex in NYC