[kj] KJ Geordie - Stage presence

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:42:38 EST 2012

I was referring to Geordie, not Youth.
Youth is like an excitable kid.

To: gathering at misera.net
From: jpwhkj at aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 13:33:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [kj] KJ Geordie - Stage presence

First time I saw KJ was 1983, i.e. after Raven had arrived. It was over a decade until I saw Youth on stage with Jaz (sadly by then minus Big Paul) and I thought he provided the perfect foil for Jaz. Made me realise how much they lost when he left in '82.

Then a few years ago I saw Transmission, featuring Big Paul and Youth - first time I'd seen the original KJ rhythm section together, and it was awesome. Again it made me wish I'd seen the original line-up.

Personally, I rate Youth. I think he's plugged into Killing Joke's rhythm...

Jamie