[kj] Roundhouse

PHIL TOFIELD phil.tofield at virgin.net
Thu Mar 8 21:32:37 EST 2012

just got home after a great night at the Roundhouse. Not one of their best,
in my opinion, Jaz seemed a bit subdued. No apocalyptic ranting, in fact he
barely said anything between tracks. The sound was pretty poor aswell, very
boomy vocals and very muddy bottom end but that always seems to be the way
with killing joke nowadays. I tried moving around the place to get a better
sound, but gave up after a while and went to the front, where I spent most
of the time in front of Geordie watching the beautifully effortless way he
strokes that Gibson. Some quality Mike Coles visuals going on behind the
band aswell. Highlights for me were Sun Goes Down and Chop Chop (of
course), Poleshift and Cythingyia were both good too and The Great Cull.
And the usual classics aswell. Met up briefly with Antoni and Jamie and
another Gatherer (very sorry, I cant remember who that was). Had a brief
chat with Reza after the gig aswell, great guy, very friendly and
approachable.

Now Im gonna have a big fat spliff and see if anyones posted any clips on
youtube yet.

phil