[kj] OT: Earphones

Janean Lancaster j at jlancaster.info
Sat Jun 30 07:00:06 EDT 2012

On 29/06/2012 23:24, folk devil wrote:

> Sticky-in earphones are a fast track to tinnitus and/or a perforated

> eardrum, as without airspace (necessasry for correct aural physiology)

> the membrane is permanently stretched when using them. They can be

> even worse for you than a loud concert.

I'm not listening! I'm not listening! [ironically sticks fingers in ears].

I don't listen loud very often. But you're tempting me to get some over
ears for home, and only use in-ears when out and about. Think I might
just get another pair of these Klipsch S4s, and spend more time on
forums etc looking into some over ears (and saving up). Then the in-ears
would last longer anyway, not getting hammered at home.