[kj] Off The Topic: New Pil

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Wed Jun 13 19:34:22 EDT 2012

I saw a video (attatched to an online review) of Lydon explaining his artwork on the new cd. He took it quite seriously, and had a detailed explanation of what the buffalomeant (something to do w/respecting one's personal space--wtf?), and how he chose the color scheme ("it's very niiiiice..."), etc. He sounded kind of silly. I still think the cd sounds good though-it really has a PiL feel to it, more than most of their stuff recorded w/Edmunds on guitar. In fact, I think the band was trying to sound like Levine/Wobble on this one...