[kj] Poll: Favourite song from the last two albums

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 10:58:28 EDT 2012

Ive grown to have some appreciation for 'Raven King', but yeah I felt it
was formatted in a " oh yeah we can play that (style) just as good or better
than you.." sort of way.. --
If there is anything that stands out as 'signature' I feel its Colony
Collapse- which may not be everyones top song, but that song has a special
quality to it that's solely KJ- and that guitar in it is truly majestic-
equal parts danger and beauty.

If I had to pick my top song, I also would just say "Ladbroke Grove" -
perhaps not breaking new ground, but perfect for what it is...
and maybe just by default, as its (to me) truly one of the few songs off
last 2 albums where I didn't feel like "man if they just did a little more
of this , or if that song didn't have that part in it, or cut 2 minutes off
this song, etc...."
I really liked ESS just as it caught me off guard- and if it wasn't for
the mix it could be up in the top for me.

One thing though is, for as anticipated AD was with original lineup, and
then how quick this last album came out-- it all seemed to make Hosannas
that much more of an afterthought...

Adam

In a message dated 6/10/2012 4:06:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,