[kj] Facebook official statement...Jaz gone AWOL

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:31:35 EDT 2012

Lately I have been thinking that KJ's intense activity since 2003 (following some seven years of silence) was a sign that Jaz's manic depression was entering the intense-activity phase. I also felt this ten years of prolific (for Killing Joke) output would come to a sudden end as Jaz's mood trended downwards. I wonder if that is beginning now. No doubt I'm speculating too wildly (I hope so) and I am not even sure if Jaz is bi-polar/manic, though I believe he has said that he is.

Disappearing off the face of the earth after an irrational, embarrassing outburst echoes very much of Stephen Fry's bi-polar-related abscondment from the West End all those years ago.

I've a feeling we shall not be seeing another Gathering other for half a decade at least.