[kj] Message from Jaz, re: September shows

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 16:46:09 EDT 2012

countessghoulita at aol.com wrote:

It's so not surprising, and I am tired of reading excuses. People pay to go to shows, some even plan to get plane/train tickets,
book hotels etc.--which I am sure was the case for this bill, to then lose money on cancellations fees. Even though The Cult haven't
been relevant to some (me included) since "Love" came out + tour, throwing them under the bus for whatever reason is wrong. Why did
KJ agree to be on the same bill with them in place? To show them how a great band plays? This is so silly, and tells me that there
is a lack of integrity in a band I still love. This ain't Rock of Ages!!!

Good thing, I don't read a bad word about The Mission. Even if they keep playing the old stuff (but KJ are doing this anyway, and
play the same setlist over and over everywhere), they are really excellent live.

I agree. Jaz has no room to talk regarding integrity when bad mouthing *any* other band. And anyone remember there was VIP For-Pay
Meet and Greets with Killing Joke sold on the US leg of the 2010 tour which were cancelled early on without refunds? I mean, Gems
Of Power, the near-debacle of the "Down By The River" project... probably every person on this board has lost money due to a
cancelled gig at some point. Their only saving grace at this point is they still put out great new music every few years and who
knows how long that's gonna last.

I think it's pretty clear they pulled out because their cut was greatly diminished when the tour was moved to smaller venues. You
can bet Jaz would be happy to be second billed on a tour with Van Halen or U2 if the pay was good enough.

T.B.