[kj] Your Favourite KJ albums in order

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 16:34:43 EDT 2012

I think Metal would be the most irrelevant factor when preferring any given album over OTG. Especially when said preferences/biases where pretty much established  way, way, WAY before the term "metal" was (mis-?)applied to any band that actually wasn't metal, much less to Killing Joke, tho' they do swerve towards metal at times.  I just cringe at KJ being lumped in with so many sad modern "metal" bands out there who wear the label proudly and without a single drop of irony. I'm sure KJ is also within six degrees of influences of "Crab Rock" too, but,.. okay, KJ does share common traits with Crab Rock, like, chords, choice of instruments, verse-chorus-verse-chorus song structure... OK, Killing Joke are Crab Rock, too. 98'/

Though I'm open to being corrected on the "metal" part of the above. Can anyone point out current (say, since, 2005) metal bands that are as Metal as the jackhammers of Judas Priest, and the bellowing Bessemer blasts of Iron Maiden, early Metallica, Slayer, SEpultura, etc. For perspective, keep in mind that even later Metallica doesn't compare to REAL (1st albums) Metallica anymore. ...Fade To Hack...

Please help keep me from swerving off the Musical Superhighway onto the Prog Rock offramp! This Mr. Bungle shit's starting to make sense!

PeeCeOUt!

Blessed are the Cracked for

  they let in the Light,
    others all are just a..