[kj] OT - Wot me worry? Think no longer!

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 04:22:57 EDT 2012

Have you read the rest of it? At the bottom someone got to put anything they felt like...
Opposition to red light camerasOpposition to the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, because firms should be able to fire people for what they consider "sinful and sexually immoral behavior."Continued opposition to ACORN (even though it has not existed since 2010!)Opposition to statehood or even Congressional voting rights for the citizens of the District of ColumbiaAnd no-questions-asked support for Israel because, and this is another direct quote: "Our policy is based on God's biblical promise to bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel and we further invite other nations and organizations to enjoy the benefits of that promise."
They forgot people who listen to Linkinn Park? Here is the whole thing:
It Doesn't Stop ThereProhibitions against thinking critically or scientifically comprise just one of 30 pages of the anti-Enlightenment thinking seen in the Texas GOP platform document. Here is some more of its chilling content: Abstinence-only sex educationTrying juveniles as adultsEmphasis on faith-based drug rehabOpposition to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the ChildFlat-rate income taxRepeal of the minimum wageOpposition to homosexuality in the militaryOpposition to red light camerasOpposition to the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, because firms should be able to fire people for what they consider "sinful and sexually immoral behavior."Continued opposition to ACORN (even though it has not existed since 2010!)Opposition to statehood or even Congressional voting rights for the citizens of the District of ColumbiaAnd no-questions-asked support for Israel because, and this is another direct quote: "Our policy is based on God's biblical promise to bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel and we further invite other nations and organizations to enjoy the benefits of that promise."

Fantastic. Finally a true enemy to oppose! One that is purely and blatantly nuts. Great. I'd be upset but they took that thinking course off the curriculum years ago and now I'm not sure what to make of this....oh well, might be okay? What do you think?