[kj] [KJ] The Button Factory, Dublin, Fri 2 Mar 2012

Paul Gorman [Home] PaulGorman at ireland.com
Sun Jan 29 03:18:09 EST 2012

Anyone coming to Dublin?

The Button Factory, Dublin, Fri 2 Mar 2012 <http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/cal.php?&ID=1&day=day&time=2012-03-02>

Ticketbastard <http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004730CA9B5912> or on the Door <http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/content.php?ID=1> on night, some independent outlets too. Always great walk up crowd on the night and good crowd usually, out for a laugh.

Some Gatherers have been here before and I am sure they can attest to the delights of Dublin J

Ryan Air <http://www.ryanair.com/> , Aer Lingus <http://www.aerlingus.com/home/index.jsp> and any number of other airlines, serve the city and I am sure some flight deals to be had booking early. Not sure what else is on that weekend, but usually something for everyone and seriously, what better way to kick off a weekend in Dublin, but with a Killing Joke gig!?

The Maccabees, are playing the Academy and Lambchop are in Vicar Street on the Saturday and Simple Minds play the Olympia Theatre on Sunday ...lol

Just some of what I found on, with a quick search and possibly not to all’s liking, but besides music, the city has a million pubs and something for everyone.

Personally I will be going to see Rammstein, the Monday before Killing Joke, so I will have used up all my day passes (Wife not interested in any of the bands J).

Accommodations are reasonable and being out of the summer season not to crowded.

Jury' s inns Hotel <http://www.jurysinns.com/booking?ipage=booking&hold=0&STEP=2&CITIES_ID=2&HOTELS_ID=0> or Temple Bar Hotel <http://www.templebarhotel.com/> (band stayed here last time). Avalon House <http://www.avalon-house.ie/> and Barnacles Temple Bar House <http://www.barnacles.ie/dublin-hostel-facilities.asp> , hostels. All are handy for the venue and bang in the centre of the city, there are also an abundance of B&Bs across the city and out into the county (The odd bus shelter and train station about too, for those that do that sort of thing still …lol), but should not come to that, if stuck I can offer a floor, but unfortunately limited.

Anyway I have done my bit to generate some tourist economy on this bankrupt island ...lol Should anyone be interested and have any questions, please don’t hesitate to mail me off list, I will only be too willing to help.

Looking forward to hearing the new stuff myself.

dub