[kj] 1995 UK Openers: Yikes

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 16:22:30 EST 2012

I thought Shootyz Groove were a puzzling choice on the Pandemonium 1995
tour indeed. I was right at the front whilst they were performing at the
two venues I went to making sure I got a good position when KJ came on.

I personally thought Skunk Anansie were a good choice at the time, it was a
good six months before their debut single came out and fitted the bill
really well.

Considering at around this time Youth was working quite a bit with Heather
Nova, I was more surprised that she wasn't in any support slot for KJ at
all.

Did anyone ever catch The Chameleons supporting KJ back in 1982 before the
whole "Paper Tigers" incident where they told KJ where to shove it for the
rest of the tour?