[kj] New Topic-Single/Album covers

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 22:49:22 EST 2012

That's as close to my actual feelings as I will go - by referencing your reply, shrinking violet that I am.
Oh, what the hell..
I don't like either the cd or (even less) teh single cover. I don't think it does anything accurate (much less, useful) as far as communicating the band/song to the listening public. It seems very disjointed and non-sequitur-ial/-ish to what KJ are and in such a colorless manner, too. The black-n'-white aspect further makes it inaccessible/'unconnecting' with the present listening public and even verges on (mis-)representing the song/sound/band as an anachronism.
In other words, who ever would pick up that cd-single (or album) and think "I just might be holding in my hands one of the most powerful, influential, and r/evolutionary bands ever", hm? Jaz, really. That's it.
Hear the band + look at the cd sleeves = huh???

God, even the OTG cover was more relevant and in keeping with the band than these.

Not that I'm aiming for KJ to sell millions of copies, I just think the covers may actually turn people off a bit from buying it. I've sold enough things in my life to know that these (sleeves & the band) do not fit.