[kj] "Vocalist" for Pig Destroyer loves KJ:

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Tue Dec 4 10:46:40 EST 2012

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/jr-hayes-and-scott-hull-of-pig-destroyer-pick-their-five-favorite-albums-fo-the-year.html

Leading up to the end of the year, Revolver has asked some of our favorite artists to pick their Top Albums of 2012 and tell us why each record rules. Here, vocalist JR Hayes (pictured far right) and guitarist Scott Hull (pictured second from left) of the grindcore band Pig Destroyer, select their faves.

JR Hayes:
5. Haarp, Husks
“More subtle and moody than their ultra brutal debut. This one took a while to grow on me, but now I’m hooked. Shaun Emmons has one of the most intense roars in all of extreme music.”

4. Testament, Dark Roots of Earth
“A powerful and triumphant statement from these thrash metal lifers. The riffs, the leads, the drumming, the production, even the artwork–this record kills it all the way around.”

3. Author & Punisher, Ursus Americanus
“Just when I thought I’d heard it all, here comes Author & Punisher to blow mind into a thousand pieces. If an evil super computer started a metal band, it would probably sound like this.”

2. NON, Back to Mono
“This was my most anticipated record of the year, and it did not disappoint. Mr. Rice even throws in a couple raw live performances from the ’70s just to show off.”

1. Killing Joke, MMXII
“The Joke have been on a roll for quite a while now, but this album is as good or better than anything they’ve ever done, and they have a list of classic albums as long as your arm.”