[kj] Ian Astbury Comments About Jaz

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Aug 22 13:02:47 EDT 2012

http://musicnerd.ca/the-cult-return-from-the-wilderness/

The relevant part:

"There has been a lot of press about your UK tour with Killing Joke and rather nasty tirade that was supposedly attributed to
Killing Joke front man Jaz Coleman. What exactly happened?

Astbury: We made a decision to try to let everything settle before we say what we want to say. We simply decided to sit back for
now. Apparently, the webmaster from Killing Joke's website wrote the statement on their behalf; the band immediately issued an
apology. Jaz wasn't even in the country when all of this went down. But the fact of the matter is as people are taking sides, nobody
cares about Jaz Coleman and nobody cares about Ian Astbury. It is easy to get caught up in the triviality of it all. For now, I will
tell you that we've given Killing Joke the opportunity to get their house in order. I have friends that are friends with Jaz and so
I felt it was right to offer a little cultural diplomacy."

So there's still really no definitive word that Killing Joke are off the tour. Not to mention, Ian doesn't seem to know fully how
Jaz's "rant" got put out there or he's just being really diplomatic about the whole thing. As for giving Killing Joke to get their
"house in order," good luck with that, we fans have been waiting for that to happen for years.

T.B.