[kj] Latest official word on Facebook

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Tue Aug 14 14:24:59 EDT 2012

Alexander Smith wrote:

Latest official word on Facebook:

Okay. So let's get some stuff straight so we can all get on with whatever it is we all do.

This whole tour situation has left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouth and we can only apologise to anyone who bought
tickets specifically to see us. We are working on a way of making sure we make it up to all of you so please keep your ticket Stubbs
for the dates and we will do out best to make amends.

Part of what makes this band what it is is the chaos that surrounds us all and we are unpredictable at best. If you understand our
band you will also understand that the recent comings and goings are just another day in the Chaos Office. That said people parting
with hard earned and not getting to see us is shitty and like I say we will make amends.

PLEDGE

The live album in all it's guises has now been delivered to everyone (the last 30 were just sent) and as normal there were some
issues. However, Pledge is not Amazon or HMV it's not instant gratification. It is a way for bands like Ours to make one off special
items that in this day and age don't have the commercial value or are relatively low print run enough that selling through 3rd party
retailers would not really allow (rough trade and amoeba aside).

So when you order through Pledge your paying for the creation as well as for the product. This it can take a while to get delivered
as in most cases it's not in existence when you order. The reason we printed everyone's names who bought one in the inside is that
they all made the record as much as we did. Sadly however pressing plants etc just fucked us around for a very long time and your
shit got delayed....... Now it's there most people seem to dig it though.

Things like the DUB album that Youth has as put together and Jaz's autobiography and symphony probably wouldn't come to light
without using Pledge or a Similar system so if your into what we do and
You don't mind a Few months wait for unique things we do buy em, if it's too much of a
Pain in the ass for you to wait, don't buy because there ain't anything we can do about it.

Metropolis

These shows were set up by an old colleague of the band whom simply put puts on tiny shows at a high ticket price throws in booze
and grub etc and a bunch of other stuff and films it and sells it to TV companies etc. we agreed to do it simply to do some
Rehersals prior to the Cult tour. The shows would have paid for our Rehersals/flights etc and would have served as warm ups. When
the Cult tour was obviously getting on shaky ground we pulled these two shows. Not ago against the idea in principle and if you can
afford the ticket the experience is a good un regardless who your going to see. But we are not doing them so It doesn't matter.

I know there will be the inevitable round of complaints and incredulity attached to this post but all we can do is tell you as the
cards fall.

We are what we are and that probably explains why we never became Rich and famous eh?!

Take it or leave it that's where we are at.

KJ 2012

+++++++++++++++++++

Complete bullshit. The various issues aside, there's a certain level of arrogance and continued evasiveness that's just really hard
to stomach from this band at this point considering what has gone down the last couple months.

"Oh, we're fuck-ups but that's part of our charm..."

No, the music is. The years of unprofessional bullshit and pathetic excuses when things predictably don't work out is insulting to
any fan's intelligence. Does it make you guys feel proud that the majority of your fans never take you for your word, know that
the likelihood of any promised tour, gig, new project will be canceled or never be completed?

"Keep your tickets, we'll make it up to you...... we PROMISSSSSSSSSSE!"

Yeah right. Can't wait to hear how that's gonna happen.

The new level of hypocrisy that's been added through the laughably disastrous Cult tour, Metropolis gig(s?) and announcements of
Jaz's craptacular Nirvana project utterly destroy whatever joy and goodwill the last few years worth of shows and released music may
have brought fans.

Shove your apology, Killing Joke.

T.B.