[kj] The Orb & Lee Scratch Perry - Fact mix

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:02:35 EDT 2012

Enjoy! :D

Are you going to wear tin foil on your head? ;)

Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 18:00:24 +0200
From: 65snoopy at gmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] The Orb & Lee Scratch Perry - Fact mix

Going to see Lee Scratch Perry playing with the Congos and Max Romeo tomorrow :)

On 9 August 2012 17:52, folk devil <folk.devil at hotmail.com> wrote:

I know some folks here will be interested in this :)

http://www.factmag.com/2012/08/06/fact-mix-341-the-orb-lee-scratch-perry/

"It’s really not every day you get a podcast like this.
The Orb, innovators of ambient house and one of Britain’s all-time most celebrated electronic acts, have teamed up with the inimitable Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry, one of Jamaica’s greatest ever musicians, for a new album, The Orbserver in the Star House. As The Orb’s Alex Paterson put it, in an interview earlier this year, “we wanted to do a souly type, modern, minimal album with some reggae influences with [Perry's] vocals on top. I think its one of the best bits of work we’ve ever done.”
To toast the album’s forthcoming release, The Orb and Perry have also teamed up for a FACT mix. God knows how you’re supposed to start tracklisting, or even describing it; FACT mix 341 is like a slow-motion kayak ride through a pipe of slurry, thick, overwhelmingly delayed basslines obscuring wonky melodies – some recognisable (‘What A Wonderful World’, ‘Zombie’), others from another planet entirely. Plus, of course, you get Perry toasting on top, though around half-way through he gets bored and toddles off for a while. Would you want it any other way? We certainly wouldn’t."