[kj] London venue change:

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 8 08:51:38 EDT 2012

Once again, it gets back to Jaz not entirely understanding his own
audience. While, YES, the Cult have inarguably slid over the line into
ridiculous bombast time and again, I'd wager they have a sizable
amount of fans within Killing Joke's faithful, and vice versa.
Personally speaking, I love, have loved -- and will CONTINUE to love
-- many of the Cult's albums. Sure, they got incredibly patchy after
SONIC TEMPLE (and that's being generous), but I still count "She Sells
Sanctuary" as one of the most perfectly crafted songs of all time, and
I don't give a baroquely-frilly fuck if Jaz doesn't approve.

Alex in NYC