[kj] London venue change:

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:28:55 EDT 2012

It's had the total opposite effect on me!
I'm so utterly bored of the whole KJ debacle & really couldn't give a shit what they do, where they play or even what they release anymore :/
I was so excited when I discovered the Gathering, but now it's like we're all stood in this room with egg on our faces trying to make the best of it.
Time after time another one flies in & hits us square on. 'Bastards!' we think, 'still, look on the bright side, we can always make an omelette.'
Jaz has turned into a parody of himself. He's like the annoying uncle who jabs you in the stomach then tells you to pull his finger; funny when you were 5 but wearing more than a little thin now you're in your forties.
Geordie is such a wasted talent. What he does still thrills & inspires me, but in many ways he's kinda become the Syd Little to Jazs' Eddie Large.
I have nothing but the utmost respect & admiration for BPF & Youth's drive & side-projects, but year on year my interest in KJ is slowly chipped away by mismanagement, broken promises & something else I can't think of right now but it would have been good, really good & you'll have all nodded in agreement.

Sad really, but it's all become a stilted version of "Whoops! There go my Trousers!"