[kj] Some more "reports"

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 1 08:33:54 EDT 2012

Trust me, most of these sites haven't the first fucking clue who
Killing Joke is. Hell, the site I work for .... TODAY.com .... even
published an article about it (in my absence, being that I was on
vacation last week). This is a website who considers Bruno Mars,
Maroon 5 and Adele cutting edge.

To these media outlets -- and literally thousands just like them --
this story is simply one they saw come across the wires about "a pop
singer." The fact that he's "missing" under strange circumstances
outweighs the fact that no one's heard the name Killing Joke --
beyond "one hit wonder" status (hello, "Eighties"). And, again, for
most of them, there will be no follow-up ... or "bounce" story ...
about it unless Jaz turns up ... well, dead. There, I said it.

Chances are, as has been suggested, Jaz is either in PR-enforced
"hiding," is debilitatingly embarrassed (something you'd think he'd be
used to, by now) or has fucked off back to "Cythera" off New Zealand
in a vain attempt to rustling the same (blue) feathers he did circa
the Iceland episode (when most of us were still in school). Isn't
there even a passage in the trailer of "The Death & Resurrection Show"
wherein Youth exclaims that any time it seemed the band was about to
reach another level of success, Jaz would do something to fuck it up?
Well, then ... here you go.

All that's old is new again.

I am sort of bored with people WELL OUTSIDE of the Gathering sending
me links to the story they saw in the regular press about it -- as if
they've got some sort of scoop I didn't know about. I mean, what are
we, fucking novices? OF COURSE we know Jaz is missing, and OF COURSE
he's done this before. Now, fuck off back to your Olympics and your
hip hop and your Kardashians, you fucking sheep.

Sorry, I sort of hate my job these days.

Alex in NYC