[kj] down by the river

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:18:53 EDT 2011

If this is the *only* way of this record seeing the light of day then count
me in - I'll happily make the commitment.
In which case, I just hope enough of us do!

As for 'If they'd have stayed with MD'... you hit the nail there. The
Vertical Smile box is fantastic, but
every time I look at it I can't help picturing what it would look like as a
KJ album. We can but dream...

On 19 September 2011 15:08, Darren A. Peace <dpeace at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> [...]

> that the recording industry has changed such that limited editions, deluxe

> packaging and autographs are the only way to make any money from anything

> other than touring. If they'd have stayed with MD, I'm sure we'd be frothing

> with excitement at each package Mike put together (the Shriekback & Vertical

> Smile stuff ranks among the favourite things in my collection).

> Personally, I'm very happy to dangle the threat of payment at them - I had

> a fantastic time at the concert, and deeply loved Mike's work. It should,

> however, be borne in mind that I'm the sort of idiot who bought two

> different versions of the AD vinyl from that Scandinavian record shop, so

> YMMV.

> Darren

> Hungerford, UK

> On 19 Sep 2011, at 13:39, Neil Perry <65snoopy at gmail.com> wrote:

> But this is the root of my confusion - surely Geordie and Colesy and

> whoever else aren't putting

> all their effort into this in the simple hope that enough money is pledged

> to make it viable?

> If we don't pledge enough money, does this mean the LP won't be released,

> and they have

> wasted all that time and effort?

> And if it is going to be released as normal, why do we need to pledge

> anything? I thought

> they had a record company for this sort of thing? Sorry, I still don't see

> the point of this.

> On 19 September 2011 14:30, Darren A. Peace < <dpeace at bigfoot.com>

> dpeace at bigfoot.com> wrote:

>> I've pledged. If you give them CC details, then they don't collect payment

>> until the enterprise has succeeded and they have product to send out. PayPal

>> is collected straight away.

>> Darren

>> Hungerford, UK

>> On 19 Sep 2011, at 12:27, Neil Perry < <65snoopy at gmail.com>

>> 65snoopy at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I find it all very odd, but then I suppose us being asked to give Killing

>> Joke

>> more money is indeed a killing joke. We (loyal hardcore fans) are going to

>> buy any new album anyway, so why do we have to 'pledge' our support now?

>> I've been

>> pledging my support in one way or another for the past 32 frigging years!

>> I like the title, and the artwork, and will be buying possibly more than

>> one format when it comes out, but

>> I'm a bit long in the tooth now to be giving Killing Joke money up front

>> for anything. Good on

>> Geordie for giving this his all and I'm well happy that Colesy is involved

>> but Paul you said it -

>> don't patronise us!

>> On 19 September 2011 12:20, Paul Rangecroft < <paul.rangecroft at gmail.com><paul.rangecroft at gmail.com>

>> paul.rangecroft at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I expect the album will be released even if the don't reach the target

>>> because it sounds like Geordie has put a lot of effort into producing it

>>> already. Plus Colesy has been helping with the artwork. It's probably just a