[kj] New Amebix advance track, LP

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:48:32 EDT 2011

This doesn't sound like a Southern practice, at all.. :/

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 05:47:52 -0500
From: b.oliver.sheppard at gmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] New Amebix advance track, LP

I don't get why they (Amebix) severed ties with Southern. Or Alternative Tentacles, either, for that matter. What I remember reading in some interview was that John Loder, who had recorded Amebix in the early 80s for Southern, was stingy with the rights, or something, and that was pissing them off.

After Loder passed, the rights did not revert to Amebix, but to Southern in general. Finally they wrested their old material from them, somehow. It's a little sketchy to me but I know it had something to do with the late John Loder's policy regarding rights to the material, which sounds odd to me considering Loder has a very sterling reputation of being extremely fair to artists, even to his own financial loss.

:)

-0liver