[kj] Stone Roses reform

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 04:34:31 EDT 2011

I suppose it's fair to say they did have a big influence, and also that 1989 album was very good. The Stone Roses to me represent the absolute end of the golden age of
post-punk. Against the backdrop of crap Aceeed house at the time (remember Yaz?), they were brilliant. I would say the hype is more or less justified, though I'm not a fan. And when I say it's justified, I'm talking relatively speaking to, say, a Take That reunion or Steps reunion, though millions would disagree.

I agree Ian Brown was a knob. I would like to see one of their gigs but will not make the effort if there's something good on telly that night, or Love Like Blood are playing the pub next door.