[kj] OT - naughty Gibson

PHIL TOFIELD phil.tofield at virgin.net
Thu Oct 13 14:40:34 EDT 2011

my mates a piano tuner for yamaha. He once told me a bit of a 'trade secret'
about the production of the top-end concert grands. There's a specific type
of felt used in the key mechanism which is made from the downy fur under the
chins of a certain type of baby deer. Yamaha have their own herds of these
deer in Japan. Each concert grand produced requires the slaughter of dozens
of baby deer, just to make this very high quality felt. They keep that one
quiet!