[kj] Gathering Digest, Vol 99, Issue 12

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Oct 8 06:39:32 EDT 2011

Edison invented things, Jobs pioneered other people's technology, he didn't
give us mp3 players, or smartphones, or tablet computers.they were all
around prior to him.

He also used Chinese slave labour and donated fuck all to charity compared
to Gates who is giving tens of billions, and a hell of a lot of his time and
other resources to charity.

iPods have resulted in musical fidelity diminishing and the art of the album
almost disappearing. iPhones are great, they're a phone with a browser and
apps. I was using a Nokia with a browser in 2001. Gates was using tablets
and extolling their virtues for years before Jobs came out with the iPad.
Jobs did it commercially far better, sure.I understand he's a great
businessman, perhaps a visionary, but with other people's ideas.

Woz invented the first two generations of Macs. Jobs brought proportional
fonts to desktop computers.

I just believe in giving credit where it's due. Without the inventor there
is no invention, so there is nothing for people like Jobs to do, other than
get stoned in an ashram, have kids and deny they're yours in court by lying
about being infertile etc. pretty classy stuff.