[kj] OT: rip steve jobs

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sat Oct 8 06:21:42 EDT 2011

Xerox invented the GUI and used it for their crappy product the Alto. Later
on Xerox agreed to buy Apple stock in the exchange for Apple developing a
GUI product..the thing that irks me is that to most people, Apple invented
the GUI. They didn't. Then they complained that M$ stole the "look and feel"
of it.like they're now moaning about the Android makers doing the same
thing. They didn't invent mp3 players, cellphones with a browser, or tablet
computers.