[kj] New Alaric LP

B. Oliver Sheppard b.oliver.sheppard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 20:58:14 EDT 2011

This is a band from the Bay Area, California (Oakland, actually) who call
themselves death rock and have a good list of influences, with members of
Cross Stitched Eyes and Dead and Gone in the band.

Their new LP is available for free streaming, here:

http://www.20buckspin.com/site/alaric-lp-is-now-streaming-in-full-via-20-buck-spin/#.ToyWWrY4d6N.blogger

The vocals almost remind me more of Neurosis than anything, although I think
they're going for the Part 1 sort of punk thing. I like about half the songs
on the LP. Anyway, worth checking out for folks into what's going on in the
current US underground of punk-oriented deathrock.

-0liver