[kj] OT: rip steve jobs

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Oct 6 07:47:48 EDT 2011

Can someone actually articulate what Jobs is supposed to have done that's
worthy of adulation? I read that someone just compared him to Edison and
Einstein? WTF?

I don't see him donating most of his time and money to charity like Gates
(who has drummed up several tens of billions more cash from other rich ppl),
I do see Apple using Chinese slave labour in conditions so onerous that they
have to install anti-suicide nets.

Xerox Parc invented the GUI / mouse, M$ and Apple both ripped it off, for
some reason Jobs was indignant that M$ used it too, like he'd actually
invented it.

Could he code, or design computers? I don't think so, Wozniak did the brain
work didn't he? Compared to Bill Gates who was a child prodigy and the chief
of technology at M$...

Personality...he got kicked out of Apple because he alienated everyone by
being a prick from what I understand.

I really don't get the Apple cult.