[kj] OT: Sabbath

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sat Nov 19 02:42:59 EST 2011

Regarding the Ozzy/Sabbath reunion:

Not even interested.

The first Ozzy/Sabbath reunion shows and tour around '96 were pretty good as documented on the "Reunion" cd/"Last Supper" dvd (even
if the dvd cut interviews in the middle of songs - fuckers). But later tours at the end of the 90's when it was plugged into Ozzfest
often ranged towards dreadful with Ozzy canceling left and right and cutting down the set to barely croaking out a dozen of the old
burned out standards. From live clips from Ozzy's recent solo tour, he's doing a lot of lip syncing to either backing tracks or a
hidden offstage 2nd singer. Otherwise it's the same old wandering back and forth onstage, throwing a bucket of water on the first
few rows and warbling "I Love You All" in between songs.

And Ozzy isn't the only weak link - drummer Bill Ward's health has been shaky much of the last decade and he's a shadow of his
former self. Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler still bring it - I saw the first "Heaven and Hell" tour w/Dio in 2007 and it was excellent
and clips right up until Dio was too sick to perform proved Tony and Geezer were still solid.

It's coming to the point that sooner or later, someone in one of these bands that've been around for 30+ years doing their umpteenth
reunion is just gonna keel over from a heart attack onstage.

T.B.