[kj] OT: looking for software referrals

Jay Retro drretro at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 10:11:31 EDT 2011

I use a program called WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to extract to the MPG format. I needed it to convert my European PAL discs to NTSC standard, but it also works well to rip standard DVDs, even if copy-protected. I buy all my video, but it's always good to have a season or two of a favorite show (which I own) also on the laptop.

How cruel...and unimaginative!