[kj] OT: The Cure

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 12:03:46 EDT 2011

Fair point, but I think Pornography is the Cure's crowning glory. It's the one I can still listen to, repeatedly.
Seeing them with Generation X was a strange mix of music. An audience standing around not really knowing what to make of them, as they waited for the 'heavier' punk rockers to come on.
They survived well. Considering that the first band (the Lady Killers?) had been booed off..I went straight out the next day and bought Killing an Arab.
I think this was the night Mark Laff smashed his guitar into a stage diver...