[kj] Camden Crawl Short Review

Carlos Fandango stronkle at hotmail.co.uk
Mon May 2 12:48:07 EDT 2011

Shit, yeah one hell of a hangover the next day but corking day out

From: jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 15:43:06 +0000
Subject: Re: [kj] Camden Crawl Short Review

Suicidal hangover :(

Great day...(wasn't it ??)

Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 16:22:19 +0100
From: green.sun1980 at gmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: [kj] Camden Crawl Short Review

I was hoping that someone else would have done this by now - my memory is a little hazy due to several hours of beer consumption before the gig.

Got there just in time to see Youth's interview. He talked a bit about Absolute Dissent, progress on the new album - 9 tracks, which sound "heavy". Expect it early next year. Vertical Smile was discussed - there are some guests on their forthcoming Lp including Robert Gorl of DAF fame. We raised a glass for Poly Styrene, and he talked a little about working with her. All in all it the interview lasted about 10 minutes.

As Jon predicted, there was a very low turn out of Gatherers - Carl & his brother Stacks (sp?), Dave with a couple of friends & Jon. Only saw a couple of other people wearing KJ shirts.

The set was faultless - I can't remember the full set list - basically the same as the last three shows, but cut down to fit in the allocated 45 minutes. They started with Unspeakable finished with Pandemonium, & encored with Eighties. The venue was not full, but the crowd were enthusiastic, & there were a fair few younger faces. Benny fits back in as if he never left, & seems to work fine with Youth.

Big Paul will be working on the album, but Benny will be involved too. He described himself as a session drummer - filling in for, but not replacing Big Paul.

It was a good day/night.

cheers
paul