[kj] OT: Strap yourselves in - first CHI then CALi.

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 19:23:20 EDT 2011

As much as I use mine, I'll be gone before KJ makes it back to the U.S.
Still, I like how just ONE day after the Japan earthquake Obama rushes out to
protect the nuclear power industry here in the U.S.,
   " 'On Sunday, even while nuclear power reactors were melting down, the White
House issued this statement: "The president believes that meeting our energy
needs means relying on... nuclear power. ...the events [are] unfolding in Japan,
but the administration is committed to...ensuring that nuclear energy is
produced safely and responsibly here in the U.S.'

Yet another reflexive nuclear salute. "
     "[In] this year's State of the Union address [Obama] proclaimed a goal of,
'....nuclear... I urge Democrats and Republicans to work together to make it
happen."     "In early 2010, President Obama announced federal loan guarantees -
totaling more than $8 billion - to revive the construction of nuclear power
plants in this country, where 110 nuclear power reactors are already in
operation.
    Promising to push for bigger loan guarantees to build more nuclear power
plants, the president said: 'This is only the beginning.' "

http://www.truth-out.org/nuclear-power-madness68460
There, Hope we can believe in.