[kj] European Superstate Video on post-production

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 03:12:56 EDT 2011

I'm not sure what was clever about the new video or what thoughts it was
meant to provoke, but I quite enjoyed it nonetheless. I wouldn't say I
actually liked any of their videos apart from maybe the first three. I don't
know why they bother making them anymore, from a financial point of view.
There was a decade or so when it made sense to make them because they got
played on TV but they were still rubbish. Mike Coles would have done great
videos but, as Neil points out, he's not cheap and rightly so.
Rarities/Geordie demos would be the way to go with a KJ/MD partnership these
days.

I propose an update of the ESS lyrics:

I'm in a European Shit Stink
Should we absorb Greece, or pour it down the sink?
I'm in a European Shower of Shit
Should we bail them out, or kick them out of if?

Old 'Europe', I prefer old 'Europe'... [repeat & fade]