[kj] OT: Recording software

PHIL TOFIELD phil.tofield at virgin.net
Fri Jun 10 14:23:29 EDT 2011

Ive had a Delta 1010 for years, never had any conflict issues with it. I use
a M-Audio Midisport too and its also rock solid.
My mixer is a yamaha 01V, through Alesis monitors (total shit, cant wait to
change them, Mackie or KRK's next time). I used to work for yamaha, so got
quite a bit of yammy stuff, mixer, sampler, motif rack xs, rm1x loop
sequencer.
As for software, I mainly use Cubase and Reason, cos Ive used them both for
years and know them inside out. Wavelab for editing and mastering.
Ive recently (last few weeks) started getting into Ableton, in the hope that
it will get me out of the creative rut Ive been in for ages. Never really
used it before, but Im quite liking it at the moment. The deeper I go into
it, the more features I keep finding where I think "why doesnt cubase do
this?".