[kj] (OT) Martin Rushent R.I.P.

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:58:04 EDT 2011

Oh bugger. He put his name boldly at the bottom of the back of Rattus Norvegicus, in the days when those albums were regarded as dodgy, feral and dangerous by polite prats like I was when it came out. Within a few years my childhood friend played it to us off of one of the first Philips cassette players...genius. Martin Rushent may have helped me grow up. He did the Buzzcocks too. Well cool band.

Human League work like Dare contained tracks such as The sound of the crowd. Still to this day, a perfect account of their first two albums style transposed into their new danceable, commercial form. He's in the Death and resurrection show is he not? Calling the boys evil and devil-worshippers? Our Jeremy and Keith? Good heavens.