[kj] KJ Is In My Blood : a message from BPF

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Thu Jul 21 19:18:31 EDT 2011

Frenchy Frenzy wrote:

(snip)

Dear Stephane,
thanks for your messages. I now understand that the tour was booked ,deliberately,in advance of a new release and will go ahead
regardless of whether I participate or not.This is apparently the new strategy for creating interest in the album.As we all know the
last was appallingly promoted and despite its critical acclaim has sold poorly.
I personally have every intention of recording the new album and am very excited to do so. I also have every intention of doing the
tour(s) next year although I have to re iterate,March is the very worst time for me to leave my business.

I would like to extend my gratitude to you and all the Gatherers for their support. Killing Joke is in my blood . Always has been.

Best wishes.
BP.

Appreciate you forwarding this to the list, Stephane.

Encouraging to hear from the man himself about his position in regards to his current status in the band. However it is extremely
frustrating that the Jaz, Geordie and Youth don't make these sort of things clear when they go and bring in a new drummer for a tour
or whatever. Also sounds like they need to better consider Paul's input when making plans almost a year in advance. I would think
touring just about *anywhere* in March for a band like Killing Joke isn't the best part of the year to drive around Europe or North
America.

Paul's a crucial member of the band and the last album and last couple year's worth of shows he played with KJ reflect that fact.

T.B.