[kj] Best Gig*(After 91) [Webcore]

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:51:26 EDT 2011

They were an incredibly underrated band! :)
Here's some info/mythology?

Webcore formed in Cornwall in 1984 and lasted until 1987(8/9?). They released several self-released cassettes, 2 LP’s and 2 12”s through Jungle Records.

Cassettes: Cinematography (A Real Kavoom ARK 4) 1984
The Great Unfolding (A Real Kavoom ARK 16) 1986
Consider The River (M.E.L.T. Music) 1987
12”: The Captain’s Table (Jungle/A Real Kavoom JUNG 30T/ARK23)
Running for the Precedent (JUNG 34T/ARK25) Both 1987
Albums: Webcore (FREUD16/ARK27) 1987
Webcore Webcore (FREUD22/ARK32) 1988

Mick West - Vox
Phil Pickering - Bass
Paul Chousmer - Keys
Clive Goodwin - Guitar - later became Ozric tentacles sound engineer
Colin Woolway - Drums
Nick Van Gelder - Drums - had played with the Ozric tentacles earlier-went on to Jamiroquai
Dan Carpenter - Sax occasionally
Mike ??? - left to join a monastery
Jackie Hannah - backing vox
Karen Kay - backing vox

Webcore were co-founders of the event ‘Alice in wonderland’ with the Ozric Tentacles, in the late eighties. Paul Chousmer & Dan Carpenter later did chillout rooms for London based events and venues such as Club Dog, the Deptford Crypt, and later Whirly-Gig and Return to the Source, under the name ‘Another Green World’ during the early to mid-nineties.

CC: gathering at misera.net