[kj] Best Gig*(After 91)

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 13:36:25 EDT 2011

I've only seen four shows. In order of greatness, I'd rank them thus:

2008 - House of Blues, Hollywood - The reunion tour. Simply the best I ever saw the band play, great set and one new song ("Fresh
Fever"). What a difference Big Paul made.

1985, The Palace, Hollywood - First time I'd seen the band, got into them due to the Night Time album. Great show at what used to be
my favorite LA small venue but my buddy and I were pretty trashed by the time KJ came on and a lot of the show is a long lost blur
now.

2003 - El Ray Theater, Hollywood - was really psyched to finally see the band live again after nearly 2 decades. The '03 album
really got me back into them again and for the most part, the show did not disappoint. Geordie's guitar had tons of feedback the
entire night and I think this was one of the few shows this tour they played "Follow The Leaders."

2010 - Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles - Kind of a disappointing gig not because of the band but because the venue was only 2/3rds full
at best and a very sedate crowd. Sometimes between songs, there'd be dead silence. Band seemed a bit tired and the show never
really left the ground. It was a rainy night and I remember after the show having the uneasy feeling that this seemed like the last
time I'd see them.

T.B.