[kj] KJ booked for Tuska Festival next summer

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 13:08:56 EST 2011

Alex Smith wrote:

With the possible exception of Agnostic Front and Exodus, most of the bands mentioned in this line-up were in diapers when Killing Joke first unleashed their sound. With all due respect to the metal community, I don't think KJ is well-served by appearing on bill like this (let alone not even being in the top billing). Killing Joke should be applauded for being un-pigeon-hole-able iconoclasts, not workaday noise merchants headbangers.
Alex in NYC

I agree. It's always baffled me why Killing Joke hasn't appeared at the annual Coachella, Lollapalooza or other similar eclectic US rock music festivals that on the surface, would seem to be ideal showcases for the band.

T.B.