[kj] KJ Covers

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 18:41:23 EST 2011

Kick-ass version, I just heard it.
Thanks for mentioning it, it's well
worth a listen,
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x43g4a_galaxie-500-ceremony-1990_music

________________________________
From: Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Sun, January 23, 2011 2:40:45 PM
Subject: Re: [kj] KJ Covers

The only covers I really care for are ones that put a fresh, unexpected spin on
the original. Many will groan, but I point to Anthrax's cover of Joe Jackson's
"Got the Time" as a prime example.

My fave cover of all time is probably "Police on My Back," but I've never heard
the original, so that's a moot one.

I adore Galaxie 500's cover of "Ceremony" by New Order/Joy Division. In fact, I
think it surpasses the original.

Alex in NYC